Looking for a quick and easy homemade treat for the holidays? These chocolate marshmallow popcorn treats are great for holiday parties, potlucks, as gifts or just for a special dessert snack.
- 8 ounces chocolate, melted
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- flaky sea salt
- 1/3 cup tiny rainbow sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate, use medium heat at 30 second intervals, stir and add 15-30 more seconds as needed to melt chocolate.
- In a large bowl, gently mix in the melted chocolate into the popped popcorn. Sprinkle the sprinkles on top and dust with a little salt. Mix everything together until the chocolate and sprinkles are evenly combined.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the marshmallows and continuously stir to combine until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Stir in the popcorn and mix until the popcorn is well coated. Immediately transfer the mixture into the prepped baking dish pressing it firmly into an even layer. Sprinkle with extra sprinkles on top if desired.
- Let harden, then cut and serve.